MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To execute the purchasing functions and processes with an efficient clerical, data and document processing and control service in accordance with Swakop Uranium (SU) procurement policies and procedures to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of goods and services to the mine / plant.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute and process materials, supplies and equipment orders, taking into account the best bid.
- Prepare bidding documents and supporting information.
- Ensure that purchase orders (PO) and contracts are properly recorded on systems.
- Verify accuracy of purchase requisitions in relation to terminology, scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure timely delivery of purchase orders.
- Prepare documentation required to ensure the accuracy of data relating to purchasing.
- Maintain records of materials and prices.
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail material for compliance.
- Provide data for procurement report requirements.
- Maintain communication standards with suppliers and end-users about purchase order status, changes or cancellations.
- Collaborate with end-user departments to document the purchase of goods and/or services.
- Provide feedback on supplier performance to assist with supplier evaluation and selection.
- Notify management on contract non-compliances and /or other contract related demands as they arise.
- Source and engage possible suppliers.
- Verification of supplier invoices and supporting documentation in line with contractual agreements and submit to relevant section for Goods Receipt and Services rendered.
- Manage supplier account statement and conduct reconciliations.
- Prepare payment approval for Finance processing.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Supply Chain / Procurement Management or related field.
- 2 years’ procurement experience in a supply chain environment.
- Experience in Purchasing, contract management, bidding process.
- Sound experience in customer and supplier relations.
- Sound experience of supply chain management practices and principles.
- Relevant Exposure in the Mining Industry would be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B or BE/ CE Driver’s License.
Closing date: 23 January 2023