Language/Cross Culture Facilitators/Tutors (2) at Peace Corps Namibia
Vacancy for a temporary Pre-Service Language/Cross Culture Facilitators (2) (Closing Date: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 12:30pm)
OPEN TO: Namibian Citizens
POSITION: Language/Cross Culture Facilitators/Tutors (2)
CLOSING DATE: 17 April 2023
Peace Corps, Namibia is seeking individuals to perform requirements of language and cross-culture teaching during Pre-Service Training (PST) for an estimated contract period 5 months beginning on June 04, 2023 and ending December 08, 2023 for a total of an estimated 90 working days.
Peace Corps, Namibia is a U.S. Government Agency assisting Namibia in meeting its need for a trained and qualified work force in the education, community enterprise development, and health fields.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Development of lesson plans for language training and intercultural communication and living;
- Presentation and facilitation of language and cross-cultural sessions and lessons;
- Facilitation of smooth integration and adaptation of Trainees into their host communities during training;
- Documentation and evaluation of Trainees’ progress;
- Logistical (including some physical labor) and management support;
- Developing professional working relations between Peace Corps and rural communities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Grade 12 plus pass with a D and above in the local Language.
- At least one (1) year of teaching experience (formal or informal), coupled with satisfactory knowledge of the language, including writing ability and grammar.
- Strong interest in teaching about culture
- The languages being recruited for are:
*PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN YOUR APPLICATION LETTER WHICH LANGUAGE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Native speaker (of the language you are applying for) and an in-depth understanding of Namibian cultures
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong commitment to professionalism
- Former and/or retired language teachers in the respective languages are encouraged to apply.
- Experience teaching Namibian languages to non-Namibians/native speakers is preferred.
This is a short term contract and not a permanent position.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and certified copies of qualifications to the following: U.S. Peace Corps, 19 Nachtigal Street, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek or Email: NA01- HR@peacecorps.gov
Attn: Human Resources Specialist. Applications will only be accepted during office hours: M-TH 7:30-17:15 and Friday 7:30-12:30. Deadline for submission: 12:30pm Monday 17 April 2023.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
The U.S. Government is An Equal Opportunity Employer
111 total views, 1 today