Logistics Coordinator at Peace Corps Namibia
Vacancy for a temporary Pre-Service Training Logistics Coordinator (Closing Date: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 12:30pm)
OPEN TO: Namibian Citizens
POSITION: Logistics Coordinator (1)
CLOSING DATE: 17 April 2023
Peace Corps, Namibia is seeking individuals to perform requirements of language and cross-culture teaching during Pre-Service Training (PST) for an estimated contract period 5 months beginning on June 04, 2023 and ending December 08, 2023 for a total of an estimated 90 working days.
Peace Corps, Namibia is a U.S. Government Agency assisting Namibia in meeting its need for a trained and qualified work force in the education, community enterprise development, and health fields.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Ensures careful and proper transportation of all training supplies and equipment;
- Performs daily checks of vehicles and maintains them in clean and serviceable conditions;
- Coordinates regular servicing and repairs of vehicles with the General Service Manager;
- Maintains accurate daily mileage log books;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of the vehicle and safety of passengers;
- Reviews training supplies and equipment list with Training Manager and Coordinators and ensures procurement and delivery of all training supplies;
- Works with the Training Manager and Coordinators in the organization of Community Based Training (CBT) homestay visits during CBT;
- Arranges all “Swearing-in” equipment, flags, etc.;
- Works with the Training Manager, Coordinators and liaises with the General Services Manager to develop weekly transport schedules for the transportation of guest speakers, Volunteers and Peace Corps staff;
- Manages the training storeroom, maintains inventory lists and oversees distribution of training supplies and stationery;
- Organizes and coordinates refreshments during training;
- Assist driving staff, trainees and Volunteers to/from training sites and other authorized destinations.
- Assist in coordinates process of food voucher distribution to host families
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a logistics officer or related field
- Fluent in English and speaking a Namibian local language will be an advantage
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to think creatively and work independently
- General knowledge of logistics
- Valid drivers license and excellent driving record
- General knowledge of vehicle maintenance, safety and operations, auto mechanical skills desirable
- Good knowledge of the local traffic laws and national routes
- Prior experience with Peace Corps Namibia is preferred.
This is a short term contract and not a permanent position.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and certified copies of qualifications to: U.S. Peace Corps, 19 Nachtigal Street, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek or Email: NA01-HR@peacecorps.gov
Attn: Human Resources Specialist. Applications will only be accepted during office hours: M-TH 7:30-17:15 and Friday 7:30-12:30. Deadline for submission: 12:30pm Monday 17 April 2023.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
The U.S. Government is An Equal Opportunity Employer
87 total views, 1 today