Manager: Agronomy at Namibia Dairies (pty) Ltd
Location: Superfarm, Mariental
Controller: Manager Agronomy
Purpose of Position
The incumbent is responsible to implement and manage the agronomy strategy through the application of specialist knowledge on the operational management, people management, financial management, high-level reporting, and process improvement to achieve the strategic initiatives of the division and critical success factors of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- An Honours Degree or Postgraduate Degree in Agriculture specialized in Agronomy and Crop Sciences.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in Agronomy specifically on a Dairy farm, of which at least 3 years must have been in a managerial capacity.
- Mechanical knowledge of tractors and attachments would be an added advantage.
- Implement and manage the agronomy strategy in line with operational and strategic goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Render agronomy management through the application of specialist knowledge on daily operations relating to soil improvement and water application through flood irrigation and centre pivots, cultivar selection, planting, weed and pest control, harvesting, management of all equipment and implements, people management, financial management, high-level reporting, and process improvement.
- Achieve two planting seasons to harvest a summer crop (maize) and a winter crop (wheat) and continues lucerne production.
- Prepare and control annual budget, monthly cost centre controls, forecasting and reporting.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage associated Risk and Security matters Strategic Management of the department.
- Lead all aspects of Health and Safety compliance within area of responsibility in line with policies and procedures.
- Effectively lead and direct the agronomy team.
Closing Date: 10 April 2023
46 total views, 2 today