Listing reference: capbw_000739
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 16 April 2023
Responsible for developing and implementing smooth and customer centric processes and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence within Treasury, International Banking Services, International Operations and other relevant areas in the Bank providing foreign exchange products and services.
• Responsible for the effective management and control over processing systems, Regulatory Compliance, and other related risks, across all foreign exchange service areas.
• Ensure revenue recovery through, effective fee recovery, monitoring STP rates, reduce errors and losses.
• Responsible for identifying barriers to business development that emanate from sales and service delivery dissatisfaction and develop strategies to overcome these problems by engaging with the client and relevant stakeholders to address these issues.
• Proactively research and implement improved processes and procedures within Treasury, International Operations, and other relevant areas of the bank to ensure optimum customer experience.
• Ensure that all Treasury and Cross-border transactions for existing and new clients are compliant with EXCON and FIA (Financial Intelligence Act) legislation by implementing and maintaining ad hoc, daily, weekly, and monthly controls to facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of the IBS & International Operations departments
• Perform validation checks over Balance of Payment (BOP) reporting of inward & outward cross border transactions
• Provide Support and advice to the Trade and Payments Departments within International operations to ensure operational excellence and full compliance with all laws and Regulations
• Responsible for developing an intimate understanding of the Banks systems, coupled with knowledge of client requirements and a strong awareness of competitor offerings to ensure that the Bank meet the needs of the Client and stay abreast with best practice.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Treasurer and Departmental Heads of International Banking and International Operations in the attainment of their objectives.
Business Acumen and Market Understanding
• Contribute towards the innovation and utilization of technology systems to enhance the operation of the department;
• In-depth knowledge of IBS products, as well as Regulatory and Compliance requirements in order to accurately advise clients and ensure both the client and the bank fully comply with all laws and Regulations e.g. AML, Exchange Control and BON Determinations;
• Provide input in the design of the appropriate training programs to ensure the necessary skills transfer and development in IBS & International Operations.
• Analyse BoN inspection reports and ensure relevant feedback within the prescribed cut off time.
• Follow-up on implementation and maintenance of agreed actions and incorporation thereof in the procedure manuals
• Appropriate and regular review of policies and minimum operating standards for relevance, appropriateness, and effectiveness.
• Awareness of competitor’s activities and clients ‘changing needs.
3. Risk Management and Compliance
• In co-ordination with the Head of Compliance, ensure adherence to all local and international Regulatory requirements including BoN Determinations, AML and Exchange control requirements;
• Ensure bank adheres to AML requirements of the Regulators as well as Correspondent banks;
• Ensure staff adheres to all strategies, policies, plans and limits relevant to the bank, specifically regulatory, liquidity and market risk;
• Monitor, manage and report on all risks in accordance with Policies, guidelines and tolerance levels;
• Identify potential risks (credit, market, counterparty) and set risk mitigating measures in place to ensure minimum possible risk to the Bank;
• Ensure mandates and other documents are in place with all banks and clients as required to mitigate risk and increase capacity to trade; and
• Responsible for addressing and correcting all internal Audit and BoN assessment findings within given deadlines.
• Keep abreast of all changes and enhancements within the EXCON environment by e.g. reading media reports, studying amendments to Currency & Exchanges Manual, attending internal Excon committee meetings, attending to circulars received from BON and the communication of information to all relevant parties
• Perform monthly ad hoc audits to ensure that Excon Currency & Exchanges Manual and Regulations and the Bank Windhoek’s Policies and Procedures are being adhered to by drawing (selecting) a sample of transactions processed and checking these for accuracy, validity and completeness –spot checks.
Client and Stakeholder Engagement, Service Delivery
• Establish and nurture existing or previous client relations to attract new business.
• Keep abreast with current events, changing trends, business drivers, best practices and legislative requirements within the industry to proactively identify any possible impact to existing systems and processes to enable the division to realign its operations in an effective and timely manner with the minimum impact on service standards.
• Provide feedback regarding customer concerns to specific product features, pricing, and new product development needs.
• Monitor customer requirements and solutions delivery as well as optimising IBS customer service standards with regards to the entire foreign exchange products
• Develop supportive relationships across all functional levels in an effort to develop a credible and relevant network
• Assist by liaising with international Financial Institutions to ensure that BW is the recipient of a commensurate share of global trade activity undertaken by our clients through correspondent banking relationships;
• Provide specialist Excon advice and assistance to branches, customers, intermediaries and Head Office Divisions to ensure Compliance with the Excon Currency & Exchanges Manual.
• Ensure that all staff is updated with EXCON changes and enhancements and ensure that all relevant BON information and directives are recorded and circulated to staff.
Processes, Systems and Functional
• Responsible for leading digital transformation projects within the Treasury & International Banking environment to enhance the customer digital experience and improve internal processes and services.
• Research competitor offerings in the digital space and recommend enhancements to ensure we remain ahead.
• Stay abreast with new trends and technology to identify growth opportunities.
• Ensure processes and procedures are reviewed and updated regularly;
• Develop new systems and methods to ensure optimal functioning and manageable risk
• Supporting branches, clients, other relevant departments as well as assisting with correspondent banks queries and unique needs.
• Ensure the transfer of skills and effective training of all relevant staff
• Continuously look for methods and ways to simplify workflows and maximize productivity and efficiency and effectively manage poor performance.
• Identify, implement, revisit and manage proper risk control processes, international regulatory practices.
• Review and scrutinize applications for overseas transfers submitted to ensure compliance with EXCON, FIA, FIC, BOPCUS and any other regulatory requirements.
6. Financial Management
• Sustainable increase in profitable growth i.e. contributing towards total foreign exchange income;
• Growth through increase in new business and from existing clients and referrals.
• Assist Treasury, IBS and International Operations with efforts to reduce revenue leakage
• Talent management, including career developments and paths for all staff and succession planning and retention of key positions.
• Manages and monitors the performance and provide guidance and assistance, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with non-performance accordingly;
• Ensure that staff is multi skilled through rotation within the department.
• Supervise, monitor and control the capacity and resources within the unit to ensure an exceptional customer experience whilst driving efficiencies.
• Ensure adequate staffing and skill levels and up skilling of succession staff as required;
• Responsible for providing staff with technical guidance and support.
• Provide staff with continuous feedback, support, guidance and growth opportunities including performance contract assessments and PDP updating and implementation.
• Maintains and nurture sound relationships with heads of management of departments within the bank and other entities within CIH group to facilitate cross-selling opportunities, knowledge sharing and identification of business opportunities.
• Must be prepared to perform any other reasonable and lawful instruction or task as instructed by Line Manager, Chief Treasurer or EMT member, ensuring it is carried out on time and correctly.
• Assist Branches and other departments offering FX services as and when required.
• Relief Department Heads on leave or training
• Assist Departmental Heads as and when required
• At least 10-15 years banking experience of which a minimum of 5 years was in a management capacity
• At least 10 Years banking experience, specifically within the Treasury and International Banking environment.
• At least 5 Years Excon experience with direct interaction with the BoN of Cross Border Foreign Exchange Reporting System (Balance of Payments) and good knowledge of reporting requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of BoN Excon Regulations and Currency & Exchanges Operational Manual
• Knowledge and understanding of the FIA,FATCA,FATF & Regional Customs Processes
• Knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s products, systems and procedures
• Relationship management principles and practice
• High level of computer literacy and accuracy
• Outstanding verbal and written communication i.e. report writing and interpretation of written material – report writing
• Sound accounting and reconciliation skills (understand entries and be able to do simple to complicated account reconciliations – must understand the accounting of treasury products)
• Good knowledge and understanding of banking financial services mechanisms and the entire range of products and services useful to corporate organisations, with knowledge of their mechanisms, client benefits, limitations, profitability to the bank, and value in developing strategically long term business relationships.
• Utilise this knowledge to identify cross selling opportunities and identify the relevant resources within the Bank to optimise these selling opportunities
• Relationship management principles and practice.
• Group dynamics and team building skills.
• Experience in high level management.
• Good communication and relationship facilitation skills
• Professional image and grooming
• Good calculation skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
• Be able to handle confidential / sensitive information with discretion.
• Matric (Grade 12)
• Degree or Certificate in Banking (IOB) / Treasury & International Banking Certificate
• ACI Certificate an advantage
Closing date: April 16, 2023