(PATERSON GRADE LEVEL D3)
Purpose of the Job
To Plan, Organize, Manage and Control Procurement Management Unit in such a way as to promote the objectives set by the Public Procurement Act, 2015 (Act no. 15 of 2015). To promote integrity, accountability, transparency, competitive supply, effectiveness, efficiency, fair-dealing, responsiveness, informed decision-making, consistency, legality, and integration in the procurement by the Municipality of Walvis Bay. To promote, facilitate and strengthen measures to implement the empowerment and industrialization of the policies of the Government. To implement decisions of the accounting officer and the Review Panel. To manage the Division/Section (Procurement Management Unit), Creditors Section and Remuneration Section. Manages, improves, and control the Procurement environment of the section and organisation as a whole through setting up Standard Operating Procedures, implementing structures, systems & processes and improvement thereon. To enforce uniformity, standardisation, corporate governance principles and to enable efficient procurement procedures. To guide and coach colleagues and general managers in best procurement practices so that legal accountability in terms of Public Procurement Act, 2015 (Act no. 15 of 2015) and its Regulations are achieved. To produce and report/advise on a monthly & annual status, procurement of capital projects.
Qualifications and Experience
• A B-Degree (NQA Level 7) in Procurement Management / Supply Chain Management.
• A 3-year Diploma (NQA Level 6) in Procurement Management / Supply Chain Management.
• 6 years’ experience in the fields of procurement management or supply chain management of which at least 3 years should have been on supervisory / managerial level. Knowledge of Remuneration, Creditors and a legal background is an added advantage.
• 8 years’ experience in the fields of procurement administration, of which at least 3 years should have been on supervisory / managerial level. Knowledge in remuneration, Creditors and legal background is an added advantage.
• Driving License Code B
Key Performance Areas
- Compilation of Annual Procurement Plan (APP) and Individual Plan (IPP)
- Bidding Process, Awards and Administration of contract
- Procurement Management and Reporting
- Secretary to Procurement Committee
- Stores, Stock Control and Supply Chain Management
- Monitoring & Communication
- Divisional and Human Resources Management
- Creditors, Remuneration and Value Added Tax
The remuneration package will be market related, inclusive of competitive service benefits. Further information with regards to remuneration or any other information related to the vacancies can be enquired from Mr Absalom Iiyambo (Human Resources Practitioner: Staffing & Employee Benefits) at the telephone number 064 201 3204.
People from designated groups in terms of the Affirmative Action Act are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application forms (obtainable on our website www.walvisbaycc.org.na) must be completed fully, accompanied by all required documents and should be delivered in the application box at the Security Desk, Civic Centre, Municipality of Walvis Bay or by Postal Address below (to reach us by the closing date).
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag 5017
No emailed, faxed, or late applications will be considered.
Closing date: 31 March 2023 at 16h30
Notice No. HR08/2023