Manager Quality Assurance at Namibia Dairies (Pty) Ltd
JOB GRADE: D4
LOCATION: Windhoek, Avis Plant
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible for strategically and tactically developing and driving compliance of quality assurance program throughout the entire value chain, by maintaining quality standards and spearheading audits in line with customer requirements, O&L Group policies, as well as national and international food safety regulations. In addition, the incumbent will lead the quality team, drive continuous improvement, analyze data, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain efficiency and uphold quality requirements for food safety.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in food science or related field.
- 8 -10 years’ experience in a quality department of which 5 years must be at a managerial level.
- Experience with implementing an effective food safety system in FMCG environment.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety standards and regulations (HACCP, NAMS/ISO 22000, FSSC 22000).
- 6 or more years’ experience in the dairy and food industry with management experience.
- Experience with product development in dairy.
- Experience with SAP system
- A commitment to quality, meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Lead, champion & implement a comprehensive quality management system that complies with mandatory national and international food safety standards.
- Provide technical advice and give recommendations on quality management systems, production processes to upheld food safety and quality standards on all products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality compliance of raw material and final products and maximize resource utilization for efficient & quality products.
- Coordinate and manage the entire Quality Auditing program.
- Develop and analyses statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Review and enhance the quality control and quality assurance functions, ensuring compliance with customer and external auditor standards, particularly in line 22000.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation on food safety, quality issues, scientific and technical developments as well as industry codes of practice.
- Proactively assess and maintain early warning system to ensure minimum loss and maximum shelf life of products.
- Approve the initial quality of supplier ingredients and packaging material in compliance to contract Service level Agreement specifications.
- Manage departmental expenses, forecast cost & prepare CAPEX budget for the Department.
- Consolidate monthly reports on non-conformances, customer complaints/trends and system and process shortcomings to senior leadership team to support continuous improvement and enhance quality.
- Leads incident management, traceability and develop relevant procedures for the withdrawal and recall of products accordingly.
- Oversee the analysis of the quality of raw milk from milk parlour, tanker to silo and make recommendations to enhance its quality.
- Oversee and provide technical advice to the new product development function.
- Identify key metrics for the department to measure performance and meet daily targets.
- Coach, mentor, influence and guide the quality team to ensure they meet departmental targets.
- Drive compliance with relevant regulations and quality standards such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines and 5S principles.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Quality Assurance expertise
- Dairy production skills
- Financial acumen
- Change management and operational skills.
- Leadership and communication skills
- Analytical ability and data analysis
- Research ability
- Planning and organizing.
- Passion for the industry
DUE DATE: 15 June 2023
26 total views, 1 today