Manufacturing Assistant at Hartlief Namibia (Pty) Ltd
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Slaughtering of lamb carcasess for export quality. This is an on the line, slaughter floor position.
- Skin sections of animals or whole animals.
- Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals.
- Trim head meat, and sever or remove parts of animals’ heads or skulls.
- Trim, clean, and/or cure animal hides.
- Wrap dressed carcasses and/or meat cuts.
- Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
- Slaughter animals in accordance with specified religious standards (Halaal).
- Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal.
- Saw, split, or scribe carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling.
- Sever jugular veins to drain blood and facilitate slaughtering.
- Shackle hind legs of animals to raise them for slaughtering or skinning.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- 2-3 years’ experience in abattoir slaughtering.
Closing Date: 14 June 2023
The company ONLy accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
50 total views, 1 today