Occupational Health Practitioner at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of an Occupational Health Practitioner, the primary function is to coordinate and support the implementation of Occupational Health activities in accordance with the AA Workplace Health Standard and Debmarine Workplace Health and Wellness Strategy
IN THE ROLE AS AN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Coordinates and maintains programs and activities relating to occupational medicine and health surveillance for operational risk management.
- Monitors and timeously manage health deviations as identified through medical surveillance and reporting (including IODs) to ensure efficient case management and accelerate return to work.
- Conducts assurance visits and quarterly meetings with all occupational medical service providers and record engagements and related actions on Isometrix for prompt identification and management of risks.
- Provides quality assurance for service providers’ outputs against the Company’s standards and international best practices to ensure continuous improvements and identify potential risks to employees’ health and the Company.
- Coordinates the response of emergency medical services during primary and secondary medical evacuation to ensure effective management of cases and their timeous referral to the appropriate level of care.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing and Midwifery Science or equivalent qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Occupation Health Nursing
- An additional qualification in Occupational Hygiene will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in the Occupational Health Industry
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Administrative skills
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Handle confidential matters
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 26 MAY 2023
130 total views, 2 today