An exciting opportunity exists for Officer: Senior Water Control on a 12-month fixed term contract in Water management section within the Processing operations department. The successful incumbents will be responsible to monitor water use, manage recycling systems and assist Geohydrologist in Water Quality Management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining health, safety and environmental standards;
- Supervising work activities of the Sewage & Oil Separator / Water Treatment Plant Operators at Satec, CMC Sewage and Demin Plant;
- Providing data on supply, usage and recycling of fresh water to Line management;
- Monitoring and evaluating Khan well field performance in order to maximise mechanical availability and minimise maintenance costs and breakdowns;
- Monitoring and reporting all seepage and groundwater recovery/recycling systems and ensures that they are operational as per procedure;
- Monitoring seepage water quality at current water savings initiative projects and give recommendations where necessary;
- Monitoring seepage control systems as per the tasks as described in procedure;
- Compiling all information necessary to prepare reports required by the waste water discharge and Khan River abstraction permits, e.g. Graphs, tables, photo compilation;
- Ensuring operating conditions that minimize consumable costs wherever possible;
- Identifying and implementing business process improvements within area of responsibility.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with 20 points (Mathematics and Science and English with E symbol).
- Certificate Water Quality Management or Certificate Water Care Level 3/N3 (Accredited institution).
- Three (3) years relevant experience in water management environment.
- Valid code BE (08) driver’s licence.
Skills and competencies required
- Leading and Supervising;
- Planning and Organizational Skills;
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectation;
- Following Instructions and Procedures;
- Achieving Personal work Goals and objectives