Operations Manager at Old Mutual Namibia
- Accountable for Investment Administration governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Build relationships with peers/ and or colleagues that impact across business areas.
- Makes major strategic and operational decisions within business plan and company strategy.
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of operational processes and controls.
- Manages service delivery through Investment teams.
- Manages relevant Investment administration matters and reporting requirements
- Drives operational excellence through process enhancements and automation.
- Maintaining of Investment systems and platforms in conjunction with Technical advisory teams.
- Drive the improvement of Investment static data to comply with Investment performance and Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides operational and best practice context for internal environment.
- Drives key investment administration performance indicators and management of these within the relevant investment teams.
- Ensures staff is upskilled and developed in terms of Investment administration processes and kept up to date with current developments in relevant field and regulatory environment.
- Managing of Investment Service Level Agreements with various Investment professional service providers and custodians.
- Liaison with External and Internal Auditors and assisting in audit close-outs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Preferably be a Namibian
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Investment Administration and Tax Accounting background will be an advantage
- 8 to 10 years Investment Administration experience.
- Extensive experience as Investment Business Analyst in the Asset. Management Industry will be advantageous.
- Extensive experience on Investment book of Records system (IBOR – HiPortfolio) and Accounting book of Records (ABOR – HiPortfolio).
- High level of understanding of Regulatory and Legislative environment pertaining to Asset Management Industry.
- Must have excellent strategic skills and Investment process understanding.
- Business process redesign, development and automation will be an advantage.
- Managerial experience with ability to guide/ coach.
- Must be able to plan, organize and execute tasks.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and negotiate between various extreme tight deadlines.
Closing Date: 19 June 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
43 total views, 1 today