Operator Pasteurizer at Namibia Dairies (Pty) Ltd
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To pasteurize, homogenize by-products, cream, juices and attend to the primary process of fresh milk according to recipes and set standards and work instructions, while adhering to Health & Safety and Hygiene principles. Adhere to Good manufacturing practices and ISO standards to execute the production plan effectively and efficiently by communicating and execute production schedules, commit to continuously improving the current process, and give feedback on challenges, monitoring quality standards and ensure correct completion of documents while focusing on reducing waste. Ensure strict adherence to procedures to ensure product quality consistency and shelf life.
- Inspect machinery and equipment before start-up and record results on production sheet.
- Inspect silos and holding/mixing tanks and verify that CIP has been performed and record information.
- Keep the production sheet correctly filled in at all times.
- Do milk stock control on a daily basis and reconcile figures with prod. Administrators.
- Order stock from procurement on a daily basis through prod. Administrators.
- Take samples of by-products, raw milk and juice to the lab for testing.
- Check that all flow meters are on Zero before pasteurization.
- Record temperatures of pasteurizer on production sheet and start the production process.
- Pasteurize all required products as per production plan.
- Pasteurize raw milk as per sequence of FIFO into silos.
- Check that silos do not run empty or tanks overflow.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Monitor fats, total solids, allergen, cryoscope and other related items as they associate with processing dairy products.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Monitor the Production Cooler and ensure recon takes place to avoid raw material write off.
- Take samples as required by sampling plan or requested by laboratory.
- Record all CIP/COP records on production sheet and issue to Team Leader processing.
- Clean work area according to the “clean as you go” principle.
- Lead the team in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 12,
- A minimum of a 3 years working experience in a Production Plant and Machine Operation.
- Basic Dairy Course, Health & Safety Training.
- Food science background
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Written Communication
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Pro-active Thinking
Closing Date: 28 June 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
44 total views, 1 today