Plant Fitter Team A at Debmarine Namibia
About the Company
Debmarine Namibia recovers diamonds in the offshore recovery licence area off the southern coast of Namibia and operates six diamond recovery vessels and one exploration and sampling vessel.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS::
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Plant Fitter. The successful incumbent will provide support by conducting inspections, repairs, and maintenance work on the vessels and reliably delivering the right work at the right time. The incumbent will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities
- Conducts repairs and service maintenance work on equipment and machinery
- Installs and commissions plant equipment
- Conducts running inspections, checking all plant equipment and structures performance, diagnosing faults, and implementing corrective action to resolve problems
- Performs scheduled and planned maintenance on the treatment plant equipment, e.g., pumps, screens, feeders, winches, conveyor belts, magnetic separators, cyclones, etcetera
- Carries out work processes and monitors progress in order to improve efficiency and minimise delays
- Provides accurate information and feedback in accordance with laid down planned maintenance standards i.e. unit members, work performed, spares used, and causes of failure
- Reports on all technical matters and deviations to the supervisor and gives feedback on the accuracy of all technical documentation
- Supports materials management in achieving availability of materials, spares, and components at all times in order to minimise downtime
- Attends to abnormalities and updates technical work logs with detailed information
- Submits work requests for approvals as per the Operating Model Principles
- Liaises with supervisor on the delivery of requirements for every work package that is to be completed at the scheduled time as per the Operating Model Principles
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 with pass marks in English, Math, and Science; and
- Qualified Artisan with Trade Certificate (Fitter and Turner) from a recognized institution.
- Three (3) years post-qualification experience as an Artisan.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer applications – MS Office Applications
- Planning, organising, and administrative skills
- Should have problem-solving skills and be able to work independently
- Be able to handle pressure and setbacks
- Be able to adapt to and respond to change
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Should be familiar with production plants, mining systems, processes, and equipment
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
Interested candidates should please submit a motivation letter and a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience:
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
115 total views, 1 today