Plant Operators: Converters at Dundee Precious Metals
The incumbents will report to the Shift Supervisor and be accountable for:
- Ensure all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies are adhered to.
- Lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Perform start-up, shutdown or emergency shutdown of the plant, sections or individual units using field control panels
- Perform plant inspections at the start of every shift and report deviations to Shift Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Follow operating procedures/instructions and safety standards for the assigned area to achieve set production targets and product quality.
- Monitor all process parameters for area and record the actuals in a log sheet.
- Diagnose cause of process deviation from information available (DCS, HMI panels, visual inspections, log sheets, plant personnel reports) and take remedial action.
- Ensure that all warning lights and warning systems, equipment and instruments are operational and report deviations accordingly.
- Report all defective equipment, deviations (missing guards, broken handrails, etc.) in assigned area.
- Perform and document risk assessment prior to work execution
- Operate special identified equipment – training and license required.
- Support Shift Supervisor or Senior Operator in checking plant isolation and permit to work compliance for people working in area.
- Participate in Planned Task Observations (PTO) when required by Shift Supervisor.
- Communicate with team members/colleagues when maintenance or repair is needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping in assigned area including preparation for equipment maintenance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Shift Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 23 points in 6 subjects.
- 1-2 years of industrial plant or smelting experience.
- Sound physical fitness as the area may be subjected to high temperatures.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office Package: Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and application of plant specific technical training.
- Trouble shooting and fault-finding ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team.
- Former DPM Tsumeb employees meeting minimum requirements will receive preference.
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to the email::
Closing Date: 26 July 2023
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
– Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful.
– Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
189 total views, 1 today