Procurement Officer at Namibia Dairies (Pty) Ltd
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To procure material and services at the right price and quality whilst maintaining 100% material availability. Convert Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders in line with agreed forecasts and planning to support business continuity.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management & Logistics with 2-3 years’ experience in similar field or more than 5 years’ experience in similar field in FMCG environment.
- FMCG specific experience
- Code 08 Drivers license
- CIPS qualification
- Procure material and services in line with agreed forecasts and planning goals by reviewing requirements on MRP
- Promptly release purchase requisitions and create Purchase orders (24 hour turn around or inline with the cycle times as set out in the procurement policy)
- Run ZOTIF report (outstanding order report in SAP) weekly and follow up with Supplier on outstanding orders
- Consider and ensure optimal inventory levels taking into consideration all supply chain constraints when purchasing to avoid and mitigate stock outs
- Maintain SAP contract and follow up on and take timeous corrective action on discrepancies from Supplier invoices
- Proactively communicate material/service availability, pending shortages and possible solutions/alternatives to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure stock availability through maintaining supplier contract and regular consideration for inventory master data
- Support the Procurement Specialist in analysing market trends, conducting price negotiations and seeking cost-saving opportunities
- Maintain good supplier and external stakeholder relations, i.e. Veterinary authorities, customs officials, etc
- Ensure compliance with and educate end-users on the procurement policy
- Facilitate the RFQ process for relevant needs/requirements
- Submit monthly report to Procurement Specialist for cash flow management and stock coverage details.
- Forward all Supplier invoices to Finance in time to ensure timeous payment to Supplier
- Gather and consolidate information to support the Supplier evaluations (non-conformance, service and delivery)
- Liaise with relevant Project Managers about lead time of material/equipment required/ordered
- Receive claim supporting documents from Goods Receiving Officer and commence claim process
- Issue, submit and follow up on Commercial Claims with Suppliers
- Monitor payment of claims and receive credit note and forward to Creditors Clerk
- Record all new claim information on the control sheet as required
- Complete Supplier evaluation form and submit to Procurement Specialist to support the vendor evaluation process (twice a year)
- Provide information to Procurement Specialist regarding packaging to support the optimization of TCO
- Ensure stock coverage and availability is constant and takes into consideration forecasts and rate of sale and provide recommendations and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development, implementation and improvement of processes and information systems by giving relevant recommendations to Manager Procurement and Procurement Specialist.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Written communication – reports
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/ resilience
- Tenacity/perseverance/monitoring skill / internal control
- Problem-solving skills / Sound judgment skills / Decision-making skills
Closing date: 11 August 2023
275 total views, 1 today