Production Manager at Namibia Dairies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible for strategically and tactically planning, managing, and optimizing production processes and cost, throughout the entire product life cycle, within the dairy company. The key objective is to meet production targets while ensuring strict adherence to quality and health & safety standards.
Additionally, the incumbent will lead the production team, implement continuous improvement, analyse data for accurate forecasting, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance efficiency and meet volume requirements.
- Develop production plans and schedules to meet daily targets, in line with quality standards and product specifications.
- Managing the Dairy operations of the processing facilities, ensuring quality and safety standards are met consistently.
- Proactively address production delays and unexpected incidents by implementing effective alternatives. (Proactively troubleshoot production issues and provide effective solutions in a timely manner.)
- Monitor and manage productivity measures, such as efficiency, yield, and waste reduction, to optimize production performance and controls.
- Drive effective production processes by enhancing resource utilization, and ensuring on-time production volumes, to drive sales.
- Prepare CAPEX proposals and business cases related to production operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize material flow, minimize inventory levels, and maximize resource utilization for efficient operations.
- Collaborating with the quality assurance team to reduce product defects and improve overall product quality.
- Assess production capabilities, evaluate equipment and machinery requirements, and plan for smooth production transitions.
- Researching and implementing new methods to improve dairy processing efficiencies.
- Coach, mentor, influence and guide the production team to ensure they meet departmental targets. Developing training materials and programs for staff on Dairy processing techniques and industry standards.
- Conduct regular staff training sessions on Dairy processing techniques, safety protocols and industry standards.
- Manage production team, overseeing hiring, training, and performance management of all direct reports.
- Overseeing the operations of the dairy production facilities, including staff supervision, production scheduling and process monitoring.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and quality standards such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines.
- Providing technical support for Dairy processing activities, equipment and processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Formal qualification in Dairy (Diploma/Certificate in Dairy Technology/ Dairy Primary processing)t
- Knowledge of Food Safety Standards and Regulations (HACCP, NAMS/ISO 22000, FSSC 22000)
- Proficiency in operating Dairy processing Equipment
- Experience with Production Management Software/Programs
- Excellent written, personal relationship and Verbal communication skills
- A commitment to quality, meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Dairy production expertise and process improvement
- Financial acumen
- Change management and operational skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Analytical ability and data analysis
- Research ability
- Planning and organizing.
- Passion for the industry
Closing Date: 13 June 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
110 total views, 1 today