PST Janitor/Cleaner at Peace Corps Namibia
Vacancy for a temporary Pre-Service Training Janitor/Cleaner (Closing Date: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 12:30pm)
OPEN TO: Okahandja Residents
POSITION: PST Janitor/Cleaner (1)
Closing Date: 17 April 2023
Peace Corps, Namibia is seeking individuals to perform requirements of language and cross-culture teaching during Pre-Service Training (PST) for an estimated contract period 5 months beginning on June 04, 2023 and ending December 08, 2023 for a total of an estimated 90 working days for the periods of June 04 – December 08, 2023.
Peace Corps, Namibia is a U.S. Government Agency assisting Namibia in meeting its need for a trained and qualified work force in the education, community enterprise development, and health fields.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Janitor will work under the supervision of the Training Coordinator (TC), and is responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy office space.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sweep, mop, and polish floors.
- Clean the walls
- Clean, organize, and stock kitchen.
- Clean, dust, and polish desks and furniture.
- Keep electronic equipment free of dust and debris.
- Clean cobwebs.
- Ensure proper disposal of trash and organic waste.
- Preparation of snacks for tea break/wash common cups, dishes and towels.
- Track cleaning supplies and request replenishment from Logistic Coordinator as needed;
- Inform Training Coordinator of repairs needed.
- Disinfect bathrooms (floors, toilets, sinks and mirrors) at least once daily, and as needed to keep them sanitary and odor-free.
- Stock bathrooms with toilet paper and soap as needed.
- Replace distilled water in the water cooler as necessary.
- Ensure that all PCV’s dormitory are cleaned daily
- Clean the refrigerators monthly
- Maintains good condition of the outdoor area of the training site.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of Peace Corps/Namibia safety and security policies and procedures, to include timely reporting of suspicious incidents, persons, or articles;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 10
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of domestic work or office cleaning
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Prior experience with Peace Corps Namibia is preferred.
- Must reside in Okahandja
This is a short term contract and not a permanent position.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and certified copies of qualifications to: U.S. Peace Corps, 19 Nachtigal Street, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek or P.O. Box 6862, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek, Attn: Human Resources Specialist . Applications will only be accepted during office hours: M-TH 7:30-17:15 and Friday 7:30-12:30. Deadline for submission is 12:30pm Monday 17 April 2023.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
The U.S. Government is An Equal Opportunity Employer
105 total views, 1 today