Security Officer: Log Base (Dog Handler) at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a shore-based Security Officer: Log Base (Dog Handler). The incumbent’s primary role will be to ensure effective access control with the aim to prevent/detect theft of diamonds and/ or theft/ misappropriation of Company Property.
IN THE ROLE AS A SECURITY OFFICER: LOG BASE (DOG HANDLER). YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Ensuring that all searches are carried out according to legal requirements and best practices and with due regard and decency.
- Checking that no contraband is passed through the Scannex Facility.
- Ensuring quality scans by operating the Scannex system, ensuring correct positioning of the individual and activating the scan.
- Sealing all the electronic equipment according to company procedure prior to it being dispatched to the vessels.
- Searching the helicopter prior to take-off and after last flight as well as park homes in the security restricted area for any contraband, report incidents / findings to the Senior Security Officer Log Base.
- Facilitating constant and sufficient training of dogs with all contraband as provided by the Drug Law enforcement and Explosives Units.
- Doing regular evaluation of dogs for optimum performance.
- Compiling strictly to the procedures governing the use of drugs for training purposes.
- Facilitating basic investigations on incidents on a daily basis.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Handle confidential matters
- Planning and organising
- Writing and reporting
- Persuading and influencing
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Grade 12 plus Security, Risk or Police Management Certificate (NQF5) OR successful completion of first year of studies of a Security, Risk or Police Managment Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant professional accredited security training attended, will be an added advantage e.g. accredited with NTA/NQA/SAQA.
- Qualified Dog Handler in narcotics and explosives.
- 3 years’ corporate security experience (professional security services in well-established set up), e.g. including CCTV and Asset Protection.
- Experience working is Security Section in Namibia GOC (NDTC, Namdeb, DBMN) will be an added advantage.
- Successful completion of DBMN Security Development Programme will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 07 APRIL 2023
68 total views, 1 today