- Financial Reporting: Assist with preparation of financial metrics for published, regulatory and internal reporting with appropriate supporting analysis and commentary.
- Present results at a senior level with key findings and issues, including reasons for variances to forecasts and prior periods.
- Extract insights and understand the drivers of key financial metrics for business consideration. Effectively collaborate with business and other specialised areas.
- Perform quarterly actuarial valuations for the Life Company
- Assist with preparation of Forecasts and Business Planning
- Assist with IFRS 17 implementation and transition to BAU.
- Product Support: Provide support for products across the three Life Business Units including when new products are launched.
- Manage actuarial student(s) and provide coaching and mentoring
- Process efficiency and automation: Ensure processes are efficient, robust, fit for purpose and well documented. Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Senior actuarial student or nearly qualified actuary
- Extensive actuarial experience.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and across teams
- Ability to plan and prioritise.
- Motivated self-starter who shows initiative, is proactive and looks for ways to improve existing processes.
- Able to complete tasks within agreed timelines with limited guidance.
- Experience in life insurance valuations and knowledge of IFRS17 would be an advantage
Closing Date: 19 April 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: