PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the control and direction of Procurement within O&L Fresh by managing and negotiating supplier contracts, designing, and implementing vendor evaluations, monitoring the goods receiving procedure, assessing markets, and managing risks; to ensure that the company procures material and fresh produce at the best prices and quality, in accordance with Budget.
- Develop, plan, and execute a OLFP buying, inventory & logistics strategy and communicate it to all relevant HODs, Managers and teams..
- Analyze and review draft supplier contract, agree on terms and conditions with supplier and sign off once agreement has been reached.
- Negotiate supplier contracts and prices to ensure all products are available with the relevant pricing from all listed vendors weekly (Producers).
- Identify and execute cost saving opportunities and initiatives as part of pricing and stock management strategy.
- Weekly coordination of the stock on hand within OLFP Distribution Centre to determine the available stock.
- Procure stock from the relevant producers (local & import) for the week in advance equal to the demand.
- Coordinate all related processes (submission of products, prices; etc.) with the customer within the deadlines and standards.
- Ensure that the additional stock (local & import) for promotion campaigns is planned within the demand planning and procured accordingly to be available at the agreed promo time.
- Actively recruit new producers within the vision and objectives of the business.
- Coordination of all import related documentation and permits in time for the shipment.
- Liaise with the Distribution Centre about the quality and quantity standards in accordance with the order and supplier agreements.
- Facilitate the quality & quantity claims with the suppliers in conjunction with the Distribution Centre.
- Ensure the weekly price calculation compilation to the determine the cost and selling from the OLFP to the customers.
- Facilitate the weekly market price surveys to ensure price competitiveness.
- Is responsible for maintaining the agreed to GP’s and cost structure for OLFP buying/procurement.
- Manage direct reporting staff performance and development through probation, performance discussions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-year Degree in Commerce/Purchasing/ Procurement and / or Supply Chain management with 5-year experience in a Procurement environment.
- OR Post Graduate Degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain will be an advantage.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Proactive Thinking
- Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
My name is Flavio i optain grade 12 22points in commerce field and I am really interested in your job opportunities please call me on this number 0816846617