Reference Number: 285
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position is responsible for coordinating laboratory processes in order to ensure the smooth, effective, efficient and reliable running of the laboratory.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure that shift/daily production, performance, quality and cost targets are met according to the business objectives.
- Coordinate all sample receiving activities on shift and ensure that the samples are completed and reported according to the set operating procedures and quality standards.
- Review and validate laboratory results and ensure that quality standards are met prior to results reporting.
- Confirm optimum utilization and availability of laboratory IT hardware and software, equipment, instruments and human resources.
- Identify production problem areas and initiate corrective, preventive measures and modifications.
- Conduct periodic inspections according to schedule.
- Develop new analytical techniques to optimize and improve existing methods.
- Analyze LIMS shift data and report on shift performance.
- Ensure that equipment is locked out according to the Lockout and Isolation Procedure.
Requirements and experience:
- B Tech in Analytical Chemistry or BSc Degree in Chemistry.
- 5 years working experience in a mining/ chemical/ metallurgical/ laboratory environment of which 2 years should have been in a senior capacity.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing date: March 13, 2023