Senior Exchange Control Compliance Officer (SP6) at BANK WINDHOEK
Listing reference: capbw_000738
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 19 April 2023
Responsible for assisting in the management and control of the Exchange Control Compliance function and implementing appropriate risk mitigating strategies to ensure strict adherence to all the Bank’s policies and procedures as well as regulatory and compliance requirements.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
· Maintains a high standard customer service to ensure a positive perception and reputation of our Bank’s role as a quality service provider in international business.
· Keep abreast with amended Bank of Namibia determinations and legislative requirements within the Industry to proactively identify any impact to existing systems and processes.
- Manage compliance requirements and internal risk policies with specific focus on Exchange Control and BOPCUS.
- Responsible for Branches examinations with regards to Exchange Control and BOPCUS.
- Review and submit exchange control applications to the Bank of Namibia.
- Ensure that charges applicable to Exchange Control applications are recovered.
- Review and approve new applications for the opening of CFC and OFC accounts.
- Engage IT for the resolution of errors on the BOPCUS system in a timely manner.
- Regular assessments on BOPCUS to be performed on all Branches.
3. INTERNAL BOP REPORTING REVIEWS AT BUSINESS UNITS
- Give timely notification of proposed BOP reporting reviews.
- Visit business units to perform reviews and distribute final reports
4. STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT & SERVICE DELIVERY
- Provide Excon advice to business units and customers to ensure Compliance with the Excon Currency & Exchanges Manual.
- Upon request, attend relevant BoN Excon committee meetings.
5. PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT
- Manage the development of staff through appropriate training, exposure and mentorship whilst supporting all staff towards obtaining academic advancement.
- Manage succession and capacity building plans as well as learning and growth opportunities.
- Implement a job rotation schedule to ensure adequate succession planning and career growth.
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensure that subordinates receive the required coaching/training.
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
· Expert knowledge of Exchange Control Legislation and Practice
· Knowledge of other core legislation impacting the bank
· Audit and monitoring experience
· Supervisory skills
· Client relationship skills
· Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
· 5-7 Years’ experience in an International Banking and Retail banking operations
· Computer literate
· A relevant Bachelor’s degree
Closing date: April 19, 2023
111 total views, 1 today