Senior Field Operators: Converters at Dundee Precious Metals
The incumbents will report to the Shift Supervisor and be accountable for:
- Ensure all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies are adhered to.
- Lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Drive hazard identifications, risk containment initiatives, and implement risk mitigation actions.
- Compliance to the established DPM Tsumeb Operating model/work management.
- Monitor plant performance and control.
- Compile production shift reports at the end of each shift.
- Conduct plant inspections as per work management.
- Oversee and coordinate operational activities of plant sections by assisting the Shift Supervisor to allocate duties, provide instructions and relay information to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure safe operation of plant and equipment in area of accountability, including maintenance activities.
- Operate special identified equipment – training and license required.
- Ensure plant Isolation and Permit to Work compliance.
- Conduct Planned Task Observations (PTOs).
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in supervision of all ad-hoc works related to safe plant running.
- Control inventory of plant consumables and operational equipment spares.
- Assist operations in review and evaluation of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and safe work instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 certificate with a pass in Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Internal certificate of competency of Plant Modules.
- 5 years of operating in the process plant environment.
- Knowledge of MAXIMO Systems.
- Knowledge and application of Permit to Work standards and procedure.
- Knowledge and application of Isolation and LOTO standards and procedure.
- Knowledge and application of Confined Space standards and procedure.
- Knowledge and application of the plant specific technical training.
- Knowledge and application of Work Management.
- Demonstrate appreciation of Distributor Control System (DCS).
- Trouble shooting and fault-finding ability.
- Good verbal and written communication – proficiency in English language.
- Good interpersonal relationship skill.
- Valid permit to work competency certificate
- Valid Lockout and Isolation competency certificate
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Valid Code B Driver’s license.
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to the email::
Closing Date: 26 July 2023
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
– Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful.
– Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
60 total views, 1 today