Reference Number: 305
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To co-ordinate the production geological function in order to ensure the provision of an effective geological service to meet Swakop Uranium’s (SU) production requirement and objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
- Identify and interpret the impact of new geological information, production results and known factors on the management of available resource.
- Map all open pit exposures and developments to establish the geological character of the ore reserve through the compilation of plans and sections.
- Maintain up-to-date maps of the surrounding Geology, including all exposure and
- geological features identified.
- Oversee sampling programs required to establish ore and geological characteristics.
- Monitor dilution and minimize the adverse effects of dilution on grade.
- Manage stockpile movements to ensure that control over resources is maintained.
- Update geological databases and models spatial relationships of discrete intrusions and waste inclusions.
- Operate the necessary software and hardware systems to enable effective geological data control, storage and manipulation.
Requirements and experience:
- BSc. Honours Degree in Geology or similar qualification in Geology.
- 5 years’ experience as a Geologist with exposure to mine production and GIS systems of which 2 years should be on a supervisory level.
- Experience in geological modelling resource.
- Experience in interpreting geological information, production results.
- Proven experience in using various modelling software such as Data mine, GIS.
- Experience in open pit mining is preferable.
- Valid Code B or BE/ CE Driver’s License.
Closing date: May 22, 2023