Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Namibia Post Limited
Primary purpose of position:
- To develop, refine, and maintain the technical & technological infrastructure environment(s) across the NamPost scope of infrastructure, ensuring superior availability, efficiency and performance of technological infrastructure and subsequent accessibility to and availability of the network to users within NamPost.
- To consistently monitor infrastructure effectiveness, identify areas for improvement as well as integration and alignment, and project manage such improvements in close alignment with applications and operational requirements, giving guidance and driving development of next level engineers in process.
- To monitor, investigate and align infrastructure risk and security solutions and systems and ensure optimal risk mitigation and security management in the advent of increased cyber and information security threat to ensure continuity sustainability.
- Infrastructure Technical Implementation & Support Plan(s), Schedule & Technology Resources Availability
- Technology Infrastructure: Solutions & Design & Implementation Effectiveness.
- Technology Infrastructure: Integration Effectiveness.
- Technology Infrastructure: Efficiency Monitoring, Alignment & Availability Services.
- Technology Infrastructure: Asset Monitoring & Acquisition Control Services.
- Technology Infrastructure: Technology Proactive Adjustment/ Prevention & Troubleshooting Services (incl. upgrades & updates of Infrastructure and Operating Systems).
- Technology Infrastructure & Related Technical Support & Advisory & Services.
- Technology Infrastructure: Security Monitoring & Refinement Services.
- Technology Infrastructure: Team Leadership & Development Effectiveness
Educational and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a computer related field; Associate degree in IT or IT related certification/ diploma in Network+, Server+, Security+, Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA), Server (HP, DELL),
- Storage (EMC, NetApp), Virtualization (VMware, VCP), Backups (Veeam VCE) Checkpoint endpoint (Harmony), that equates to 5- years ICT specific formal studies/ “learning”.
- Qualifications in ISO based standards with a specific emphasis on infrastructure will be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience of which 2 years should have been in a team leadership role.
Skills and Personality requirements
- Practical knowledge of PCI-DSS compliance within a technology environment.
- A sound understanding of technology risk & security management principles and frameworks as it applies to ICT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of banking technology and Business systems, ERP systems.
- Analytical attentiveness to detail/ accuracy.
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite).
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Sound technical leadership skills
- Thorough documentation methods and effective skills transfer at all levels.
- Sound Project Management and planning ability.
- In-debt skills on PABX and VOIP technology.
Candidates who comply with the above criteria and competency areas should send online applications to Vacancies@nampost.com.na email should not exceed 20MB and candidates should indicate in the subject line for which position they apply.
Closing Date: 14 July 2023
The documents that need to be forwarded Cover letter, certified copies of relevant qualifications together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants who do not receive any response within three weeks after the closing date must accept that their applications were not considered favourably.
Note: NamPost is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in line with affirmative action guidelines
45 total views, 1 today