Listing reference: capbw_000718
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 13 April 2023
Overall accountable for effective and efficient management and administration of legal collection activities of the Branch in managing the arrears accounts of pre-legal, through managing performing loans of the Bank and non-performing loans in compliance with the Bank’s credit policy and procedures.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1. Strategic Objectives
· Ensure the achievement of strategic objectives.
· Ensure the completion of weighted execution of strategic action within the measurement period.
2. Financial Management
· Assist the Head: Legal Collections with the planning and execution of the Branch’s budget and other financial targets.
· Responsible to manage IFRIS 9 provisions and ensure to achieve and manage the provisions under IFRIS 9, as applicable to the branch.
· Manage costs/expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies in the recovery campaigns.
3. Operational Management
· Decision making regarding collection and other actions, such as Compliance with legislation, Institution of legal actions, Provision for bad debt, Settlement proposals, Realisation of securities.
· Coordination of legal collection actions/legal processes to ensure that time lapse between follow-up’s or actions on accounts towards finalisation/settlement are within acceptable timeframes.
· Ensure to limit valid audit enquiries regarding conformance to legislation/Bank prescriptions.
4. Coordination of legal collection actions/legal processes
· Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions.
· Develop and agree on new campaigns or system enhancements for debt recovery and collections.
· Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data for the debt recovery and collection environment by presenting findings to Credit Support.
· Responsible for effective and efficient compilation and checking of the Branch’s reports and ensure timeous submission to relevant stakeholders.
· Responsible for submitting monthly management reports/statistics as well as information on request.
6. Relationship Management
· Assist the Head: Legal Collection in building and enhancing long term working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and clients
· Ensure that both internal and external clients are treated in a professional manner at all times.
7. People Management
· Provide management and leadership capability in the department.
· Ensure effective workforce planning and people capacity requirements in the area of responsibility.
· Responsible for performance and talent management in the area of responsibility.
8. Routine Administration
· Ensure effective management and control of all routine administrative activities related to legal collection in the branch in compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
9. Compliance, Risk and Support
· Oversee the effective and efficient management and administration of legal collection internal processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Bank’s risk framework to minimise risk.
· Collaborate with other relevant internal stakeholders such as risk department, internal auditing in managing all risks related to legal collections.
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
· At least 7 years experience in a legal collection environment.
· Knowledge of debt collection in a banking environment will be an added advantage.
· 5 years’ experience in Credit and Market risk environment
· Strong Leadership and Management skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Sound strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
· Drive and result orientated
· Excellent relationship management skills
· Advanced understanding of collections / recovery action
· LLB with at least 7 years’ relevant banking experience of which 4 years should be at management level
· Accounting diploma
· Admitted Lawyer in the High Court of Namibia
· Liquidation, sequestration, Estate Late experience and qualifications
Closing date: April 13, 2023