Senior Mine Engineer (Underground) at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
Senior Mine Engineer (Underground)
Listing reference: b2gld_000124
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 11 June 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Other: Mining
EE position: No
Provide mine engineering and planning support to the underground operation to ensure optimal production and backfilling operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and optimise stopes based on drilling results as well as economic, operational and geotechnical factors for optimum reserve extra
- Design development and auxiliary infrastructure that supports optimum operations.
- Develop and update ore and waste rock dump designs.
- Plan, schedule, track, and coordinate long-term production schedules incorporating all related underground mining and support activities, including diamond drilling, blast schedules, advance rates, equipment availability, utilisation, backfill, dewatering, ground support, ventilation and construction.
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies.
- Guide contractor to achieve contractual and budget operations and safety targets.
- Compare actual excavations to design and identify deviations and causes and minimise these through appropriate interventions or design changes.
- Do weekly and monthly production reconciliations (design vs actual vs Budget) of operations and guide operations to achieve MTP and budget.
- Assist with the compilation of the operational budget.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Compliance with the B2Gold Golden Rules, Code of Conduct and all Policies
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, Explosives Act) and Regulation’s clauses that apply to designated work areas.
- Actively participate in implementing and improving the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE) Management System.
- Grade 12
- Minimum Degree in Mining Engineering (B. Eng.)NQF level 7
- Minimum seven years of experience as a mechanised hard-rock underground mine engineer with at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge, expertise and understanding of underground mine design, mine and production optimisation, production planning and ventilation design.·
- Valid Code BE driver’s licence
- Excellent knowledge of mine design and scheduling software: MineSight, Deswik, Vulcan, Mine 2-4d, EPS Scheduler, etc.
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
40 total views, 1 today