Senior Officer: Biodivesity and Land Use at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate, protect and enhance the Company and surrounding environment regarding bio-diversity and biophysical monitoring, and to promote awareness and understanding amongst relevant stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas:
- Draft, oversee and implement the Company Biodiversity Action Plan(s) (CBAP) to monitor key bio-diversity indicators and highlight any mitigation measures.
- Oversee and implement the required restoration and rehabilitation trails in line with the Company Mine Closure Plan objectives.
- Coordinate bio-diversity assessment, planning, implementation and capacity building for programs to enhance bio-diversity protection, including habitat management.
- Incorporate bio-diversity into phases of the mining life cycle, in order to assess and measure the impacts of mining operations on bio-diversity and to improve bio-diversity checks in the mining life cycle and add value to the project as a whole, by means of bio-diversity risk reduction and / or mitigation.
- Implement a plan for mine closure rehabilitation/restoration strategy and to acquire the resources to conduct the required test trials.
- Provide technical/specialist guidance for scoping / impact assessments / land clearances with responsibility of collecting, analyzing and reporting biological / bio-diversity data.
- Establish and oversee the GIS database and include GIS in the mining life cycle as part of the environment management system.
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and prepare detailed reports, relating to achieving desirable results for bio-diversity.
- Management of bio-diversity impacts through the enforcement of legislative compliance and planning for bio-diversity development process.
- Implement environmental control and audit systems.
- Coordinate and execute the environmental biodiversity and biophysical monitoring programmes.
- Conduct regular quality checks on the bio-physical monitoring databases.
- Investigate high level environmental incidents, analyse incident trends, interpret results, implement applicable environmental standards and report to government bodies, where applicable.
- Regular review and updating of environmental procedures as per legislative requirements and best practice.
Requirements and experience:
- BSc/BTech/BA Degree in Environment Management, Biodiversity or Natural Sciences.
- An Honours Degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ relevant experience of which 2 years should have been on a supervisory level.
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License.
- Off-road experience preferable.
Closing Date: 27 January 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
39 total views, 1 today