Senior Officer: Safety & Health at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide Swakop Uranium employees, End User Departments and contractors with an advisory service in terms of Safety and Health aspects to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, implement and review relevant standards and procedures for health and safety management systems
- Ensure compliance of emergency preparedness capability on site as per relevant standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, monitor and implement contractors SSHER Management Systems to ensure that Swakop Uranium’s standards are met.
- Conduct safety and health inspection audits as per schedule.
- Conduct Visible Felt Leadership Interactions continuously to address substandard safety behavior.
- Conduct and facilitate risk assessments and incident investigations.
- Coordinate investigations of all incidents resulting in serious injury to personnel and/or damage to equipment, implement corrective actions and evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develop training material and provide SSHER related training to Swakop Uranium’s (SU) employees and contractors.
- Conduct Periodic Safety & Health Awareness Programs and Campaigns.
- Track, compile and maintain safety statistics, safety equipment and incident reports.
Requirements and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety/Health Management or equivalent..
- Certificate (SAMTRAC/SHEBA/NEBOSH or similar) will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ relevant experience of which 2 years should be on a Supervisory level.
- Experience in conducting inspections, Audits, Risk assessment and Incident Investigations.
- Experience in the implementation of ISO 45001 standard and NOSA requirements.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing Date: 20 July 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
63 total views, 1 today