Senior Planner: Maintenance at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the long term and short term maintenance planning in terms of planning, resourcing, scheduling and co-ordination of all maintenance work for maintaining and enhancing equipment reliability, using the most cost-effective methods to minimize risk and rework.
Key Performance Areas:
- Review and ensure implementation of required changes to work packages or master data for owner approval.
- Review and update work order layouts to ensure compliance to company SSHERQ requirements and maintenance and reliability guidelines.
- Report and review SAP PM work order management KRA’s on regular intervals.
- Establish and maintain sound long and short term maintenance plans and practices.
- Ensure completion of planning functional work to the highest standards for the various planning functions on site.
- Review and build new Reliability maintenance routines based on feedback from Reliability Engineers linked to basic maintenance reviews and RCA reviews considering equipment owner requests and approval.
- Support and review all compliance programs related to all relevant legislation, agreements, standards, codes of practice, statutory and other specified reporting requirements.
- Manage overall planning data control, including the accurate recording, storage, retrieval and management of a variety of information and records.
- Optimize usage of the information systems and database to ensure quality and integrity of maintenance management information reports.
- Provide a framework for a database of all tasks used to compile the weekly plan and long term plan, benchmark current work management standards and optimize work performance.
- Synchronize the Equipment Master data records with the relevant Asset Register.
- Co-ordinate and control spares, critical stock and component control requirements.
- Coordinate the identification and ordering of parts in advance to ensure long term BOM’s meet resourcing and work execution schedules.
- Monitor and coordinate warranty claims with Service receivers mine wide.
- Prepare forecast on major maintenance work, plant shutdown requirements, and mine wide resource coordination.
- Coordinate maintenance shutdown planning with operational departments and issue approval documents.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with N3 Trade Certificate in related Engineering discipline in a relevant field.
- SAP Maintenance planning certificate will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ Post Trade Maintenance experience of which 3 years should have been in a supervisory capacity and 5 years should have been in Maintenance Planning.
- Recognized qualification in Asset Maintenance/Business/Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Significant experience and ability to work with integrated maintenance systems such as SAP PM.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing date: 27 February 2023
158 total views, 1 today