SharePoint Developer at Debmarine Namibia
About the Company
Debmarine Namibia recovers diamonds in the offshore recovery licence area off the southern coast of Namibia and operates six diamond recovery vessels and one exploration and sampling vessel.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS::
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a SharePoint Developer to assist with the design, development and implementation of SharePoint applications, servers and systems within the Debmarine Namibia environment. Responsibilities will include ensuring availability of relevant systems through support functions.
- Provides technical support and assistance to the users and service desk functions to assist with the resolution of customer problems..
- Maintains end-user access policy and permissions, as requested by business units, to keep systems secured.
- Collaborates with the relevant stakeholders regarding technical issues to ensure effective integration with existing applications of technology.
- Supports Business Units with creating and maintaining portals, sites and site collections, using development tools, to meet customer expectation for effective use.
- Performs regular health checks and monitor backup/recovery procedures for the SharePoint systems to ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and to prevent loss of data.
- Performs regular SharePoint housekeeping tasks and implement system improvements/upgrades to ensure system health and proper maintenance.
- Implements and use new software tools and systems for assigned projects as requested.
- Develops, code, check, test and document new or modified systems, applications and programs for specific projects.
- Conducts job duties/responsibilities and develop systems according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to ensure successful implementation.
- Facilitates end-user training and compile training materials to provide technical support as necessary to ensure effective use of relevant material and programs for specific projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant National Diploma in Information Technology.
- Relevant Degree in Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in IT.
- Experience working in SharePoint as a developer.
- Experience in web development.
- Experience in .NET development
- Experience in SQL Server or equivalent databases
- Experience with Microsoft IIS/Windows, or equivalent server platforms
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development
- Microsoft SQL Server systems
- Database design applications
- Network, PC, and platform operating systems
- Flowcharting techniques
- Work independently
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
Interested candidates should please submit a motivation letter and a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience.:
Closing Date: 02 June 2023
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
92 total views, 1 today