Software Engineer at Debmarine Namibia
About the Company
Debmarine Namibia recovers diamonds in the offshore recovery licence area off the southern coast of Namibia and operates six diamond recovery vessels and one exploration and sampling vessel.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS::
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Software Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible to analyse data, design, develop, test, install and modify operation specific software, using required methods, procedures and standards to meet technical specifications.
- Provides technical support and assistance to the users and help desk functions to assist with the resolution of customer problems.
- Builds and manage relationships with customers, internal service departments and business units for effective solution development.
- Collaborates with the relevant stakeholders regarding technical issues to ensure effective integration with existing application of technology.
- Documents, modifies and maintains existing systems.
- Identifies system weakness, customer needs and ways to optimize processes.
- Monitors existing systems making recommendations for improved performance and service to the users.
- Assists in resolving program and system problems.
- Provides technical support on subsystems of major systems and resolves application problems.
- Adheres to set design, coding and documentation standards.
- Conducts regular debriefs to ensure that the requirements are interpreted and conveyed accurately.
- Creates and updating technical documentation for systems.
- Being on standby as the need requires in supporting the vessels.
- Ensures housekeeping tasks for systems are performed.
- Develops reliable, efficient tested programmes, that conform to specifications and standards, taking cognisance of Corporate, Industry and Professional standards.
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognizance of the need to create a clear audit trail.
Experience and Qualifications:
- National Diploma or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- 2 years relevant software development experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development Suite, C#.NET., ASP.NET, SQL
- Knowledge of application and web servers
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development together with Systems Development Life Cycle and producing Technical designs
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Proven people management skills and professional report writing.
Interested candidates should please submit a motivation letter and a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience.:
Closing Date: 02 June 2023
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
109 total views, 1 today