Storeman at Hangana Seafood Pty Ltd
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Check and control the receiving, storing and issuing tasks of storage personnel to ensure compliance with company rules and guidelines for storing and issuing fresh and frozen fish products.
- Receive the finished products from the factory.
- Check that all finished products are packed according to specifications, e.g., temperature, product codes, production and “best before” dates, labels etc.
- Check that products are stored in an orderly fashion, in a way to optimise storing space, adhere to the “First in-First out” principle.
- Check that trucks and containers are loaded accurately and to optimal capacity and as quickly as possible (20 ft. in 11/2 hours and 40 ft. in 2-3 hours) and are sealed as soon as loading is completed.
- Check that sub-ordinates work productively and that overtime is kept to a minimum.
- Assist the Supervisor: Cold Storage with monthly stock-counts and daily stock control.
- Check that certain contract products are packed on designated pallets.
- Adhere to all relevant HACCP regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 (with pass marks in English and Mathematics)
- 3 years’ experience as a storekeeper, preferably in a cold store environment
- Certificate / diploma in storekeeping / warehousing
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Written communication
- Personal credibility
- Emotional intelligence
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability
Closing Date: 27 June 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
86 total views, 1 today