Superintendent: Maintenance at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and monitor maintenance functions to support performance targets related to operations, in order to achieve optimal availability, utilisation, performance of resources and contribution to the profitability of the mine, in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage all maintenance activities in the in area of responsibility to ensure production targets are met in an efficient manner to planned volumes of uranium ore concentrate.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in a legal and safe manner and that production targets are met to achieve optimal availability, utilization and performance of resources.
- Investigate and analyze causes of production delays and deviations and direct relevant staff on corrective action.
- Maintain effective communication channels with other sections, in order to resolve problems and achieve production efficiencies and throughput.
- Compile and analyze management reports.
- Review and approve planned engineering maintenance, in consultation with relevant personnel, to ensure optimum equipment availability and utilization in area of responsibility.
- Evaluate, approve and manage implementation of modifications and improvements, processes and procedures.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of standards, policies and procedures for statutory/legal compliance.
- Initiate regular system validations to ensure quality control and assurance in line with best practices or OEM recommendations.
- Prepare and control annual budgets.
- Analyze and review sectional working costs and recommend adjustments to operational plans to achieve annual targets.
- Assess and recommend implementation of most cost effective processes.
- Recommend and implement continual improvements, new technology and best practices, in order to increase cost effectiveness of operational processes, systems and support services.
Requirements and experience:
- B.Sc, B. Eng or BTech Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- An Honours degree will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience in a Mining Maintenance environment of which 3 years should have been in a managerial capacity.
- Asset Management systems experience and application.
- Registration with a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing date: 23 January 2023
88 total views, 1 today