Superintendent: Major Maintenance at Rossing Uranium
A vacancy exists for a Superintendent Major Maintenance in the Processing Asset Management department, reporting to the Manager Processing Asset Management. You will be responsible for managing, organising and controlling the safe, efficient and cost-effective execution of non-routine maintenance plan of major equipment in the processing plant complying with all statutory requirements, RUL asset management strategy and engineering best practice..
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standards;
- Supervising and ensuring that all subordinates complete their tasks according to set plans, defining clear priorities to ensuring production continuity;
- Ensuring that all maintenance/replacements are in line with the Mine’s production plan;
- Planning and coordinating major shutdowns with internal and external clients to ensure the timeous allocation of resources;
- Monitoring implementation of corrective measures through an audit process and proposes further remedial steps where necessary;
- Designing, redesigning equipment, machinery, tooling and processes to ensure meeting customer requirements;
- Ensuring operating conditions that minimises consumable costs wherever possible;
- Recommending improvements to processes and discussing these with other foremen involved in the process.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 and a recognised 3-year National Diploma (NQF Level 6); or 4 year BSc/BEngineering degree or B-Tech degree (NQF Level 7/8) in any of the following engineering fields, i.e. Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronic;
- Registered Professional or Incorporated Engineer or registered-in-training engineer from a recognised institution is an added advantage;
- Experience in project management and maintenance management will be an added advantage;
- For Diplomas: A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant experience in cross functional mining or processing environment of which five (5) years should be in a supervisory position / specialised level.
- For Degrees: A minimum of five (5) years post qualification relevant experience in cross functional mining or processing environment of which three (3) years should be in a supervisory position / specialised level.
- Police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Valid code B driver’s license.
Required competencies and skills
- High level of technical knowledge of processing plant equipment to be able to implement maintenance system;
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft package);
- SAP knowledge.
Closing Date: 16 June 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
19 total views, 1 today