Superintendent: Resources & Evaluation at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To manage all exploration and resource evaluation activities directed at expanding and defining uranium ore resources in a safe and efficient manner using IT equipment and programmes in accordance with exploration and resource evaluation governance processes.
Key Performance Areas:
- Interpret and apply all relevant mining statutory requirements, regulations and standards to mineral resource Geology sampling and associated activities.
- Provide input into the strategic analysis and planning for long-term business sustainability taking macro-economic factors into consideration.
- Identify, implement and apply best practice of exploration and resource definition strategies, standards, systems and monitoring mechanisms, to achieve production goals into safety, tonnage and ore grade quality.
- Design and implement improvements to sampling and ore grade control programmes, systems and internal controls.
- Analyse and interpret geological, geochemical, or geophysical information from various sources.
- Prepare, review and monitor annual exploration and resource operating and capital budgets.
- Design and manage surface exploration programmes.
- Manage exploration and resource drilling programmes.
- Evaluate grade control with resource model predictions
- Update geological resource model using latest available data.
- Prepare geological maps, cross-sectional diagrams, charts, or reports concerning mineral extraction, land use, or resource management, using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
- Ensure that the exploration and resource monitoring, incident and document control systems and databases are maintained.
- Provide information, direction and advice to management and Board on long term mine plan constraints, developments and opportunities.
Requirements and experience:
- BSc. Honours Degree in Geology or similar qualification in Geology.
- A Master’s degree in Geology will be an added advantage.
- 8 years working experience in an exploration and resource evaluation open pit mining environment, of which 3 years should be at supervisory level.
- Experience in advanced geological & resource modelling and estimation.
- Experience in identifying and interpreting geological information and production results to generate viable exploration and resource evaluation targets.
- Proven experience in using various modelling software such as Datamine, GIS.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
- 4×4 driving competency will be an added advantage
Closing date: 23 January 2023
40 total views, 1 today