PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all boilers, water treatment and compresses (cooling and air) and the process of mixing, cleaning processing, milk, UHT, Juices, cultures and cream in order to ensure repair and maintenance work for the department is performed.
- Maintains good relationships with Packaging equipment and utilities service contracts suppliers.
- Continuously evaluate performance while operating the necessary alternations if needed and as required.
- Continuously maintain and check that the cooling & air compresses checklists are completed – when standing in is required.
- Compare SAP Weekly checklist with data should there be any discrepancies & liaise with Team Leader: Maintenance Planning & Store.
- Perform accurate fault-finding report.
- Allocate correct processes to be followed during maintenance.
- Provide checklist for all test equipment before handover to process owners.
- Analyse and report on unresolved events leading to ineffective operations and determine the root cause such as breakdowns of equipment.
- Implement an action plan by providing feedback on PMS (Plant Maintenance Schedules)
- Inform any new project/equipment installations within well expected time frame.
- Repairs/unplanned maintenance in equipment schedule routine repair checks on all maintenance equipment
- Monitor and keep record of IMT calibration parameters by documenting any changes.
- Update and check the back-up lists of HMI parameter settings for plant equipment.
- React & follow-up swiftly on call-out and during the day to provide electrical and mechanical assistance to shift artisan and production personal.
- Assist in utilities as and when required.
- Report on optimising electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Execute asset management as set out in budget by Manager Engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- A national diploma in engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial)
- 5-8 years’ experience in operating & maintaining machinery.
- Exposure on working/observing Tetra Pak machine, Filmatic boilers, air compressors.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Interpersonal skills
- Systems thinking
- Technical/Professional expertise
- Research Ability
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizing
- Numerical skills
Closing Date: 25 April 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: