Technical Manager at HARTLIEF CONTINENTAL MEAT PRODUCTS
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Manage engineering and maintenance activities including the mechanical and electrical disciplines at Hartlief factory and Shop & Bistro. In addition, manage, drive, and execute technical projects relating to facility expansion/improvement, to identify, manage equipment and operating methods/procedures; to ensure 100% of efficient operations of Hartlief.
- Compile maintenance resource budget and submit to Head Operations for approval.
- Provide proposals to Head: Operations for replacement of equipment and/or upgrades for the annual CAPEX budgets.
- Provide information to the Head: Operations and Factory Manager for the preparation and implementation of scheduled and shutdown work.
- Provide report to Head Operations regarding the state of equipment for decision making on equipment replacement.
- Determine priority of unplanned maintenance tasks based on quality, losses and productivity deviances and reschedule resources if required.
- Identify tool requirements, inspect, and ensure tools are available and in good condition to perform work efficiently.
- Establish and adhere to lock-out procedures, and ensure warning signs are in place, where work is commenced.
- Revise plant and equipment specifications and procedures and find ways to reduce costs (i.e., reduce cycle time, minimize WIP, reduce maintenance costs etc.).
- Give technical input and support for new packaging development project work including new packages, package improvements, line extensions, and cost savings projects.
- Initiate equipment/processes audits to identify problem areas and design plan for corrective measures.
- Lead and coach reporting team’s performance and development.
- Provide input into training manuals of equipment and processes for Production and Packaging teams.
- Identify and acquire relevant information on latest installed equipment development from the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and other independent sources.
- Diagnose unresolved events leading to ineffective operations and determine the root cause; as well as to carry out new project/equipment installations within expected time frames.
- Carry out new project/equipment installations within expected time frames when assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 4 Years Technical Engineering Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a N6/T3/S4 qualification in an Industrial Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant / FMCG production plant with 2 years in a supervision position.
- Experience in cold chain environment specifically in the meat industry will be an added advantage.
Closing date: February 21, 2023
85 total views, 2 today