Technical Trainer at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical training services to end-user Departments by conducting training needs analysis, devising technical training programmes, identifying and sourcing relevant training and development programmes for technical Apprentices, Artisan Assistants, Artisans, Technicians and Maintenance Team Leaders in line with organizational requirements. Preparing material for all in-house training and executing training according to a training plan. Evaluating results of training programs and determining overall effectiveness of programs and making improvements. Ensuring that the best practices and skills in engineering functions are implemented and conforming to Statutory / Company requirements and needs..
Key Performance Areas:
- Collaborate with End User Departments to identify training needs and develop training programs for maintenance employees.
- Design and create training material, including presentations, manuals, handouts etc.
- Conduct technical training for maintenance employees on machines, systems or disciplines following the appropriate lesson plans and utilizing a variety of instructional techniques.
- Conduct technical competency assessments and collaborate with OEM to ensure that employees have the required skills and knowledge to perform to required standards.
- Develop skills matrix for maintenance employees, monitor, and advice on technical training needs.
- Co-ordinate external trade related tests.
- Assist in the recruitment of technical Apprentices.
- Draft policies and procedures in respect of technical training.
- Plan and maintain a budget and resources in respect of technical training.
- Assess the effectiveness of training programs through evaluations, feedback, and performance metrics.
- Prepare monthly training reports for management.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12, with a Recognised Trade Diploma/ Certificate.
- A minimum of 7 years’ post trade engineering maintenance technical experience in the Mining Industry.
- Assessor and Moderator certificates.
- Train-the-Trainer Certification.
- Registered with NTA as Assessor and Moderator.
- Proven experience as a Technical Trainer.
- Experience in designing and delivering technical training programmes
- Experience in conducting Safety training such as, Isolation, Working at Heights, Confined Space and Permit to Work.
- Knowledge of OEM Equipment Management Systems.
- Broad knowledge across a variety of engineering disciplines
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License. (Code CE License added advantage.)
Closing Date: 07 August 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
498 total views, 1 today