TetraPak Specialist at Namibia Dairies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible to drive the maximisation/full utilization of all equipment’s and/or machines. Additionally, incumbent will assume responsibilities for maintaining equipment, both downstream and upstream and develop technical staff in effective maintenance procedures and processes on relevant equipment.
He/she is expected to develop and implement a preventative maintenance program in line with the PLMS data, to minimize downtime and be pro-active in scheduling repairs, acquiring equipment and reduce maintenance costs. Be innovative in creating idea papers on new developments in machines that will reduce production costs through efficient operations, whilst evaluating and developing work instructions and procedures for operators and maintenance employees to build a sustainable environment in-house.
- Plans & perform preventative and routine maintenance in accordance with Tetra Pak Standard Operating Practices on all Tetra Pack equipment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, identifies root causes, and resolve technical malfunctions and breakdowns in accordance to set turnarounds timelines.
- Provide subject matter expertise on total productive maintenance on all equipment’s to reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
- Solve problems and/or breakdowns timeously when production is interrupted and reintroduce equipment’s into production environment in accordance with set standards.
- Conduct benchmark of maintenance KPI’s and work practices against other plants in the group (or other external operations as agreed) and implement best practices.
- Provide advice and recommendation to product creation team to optimize life cycle management.
- Repairs/unplanned maintenance in equipment schedule routine repair checks on all maintenance equipment
- Update and check the back-up lists of HMI parameter settings for plant equipment.
- Create work orders and reserve parts on SAP PM for repair – or unplanned maintenance on a day-to -day basis.
- React & follow-up swiftly on callouts and during the day to provide electrical and mechanical assistance to shift artisan and production personal.
- Conducts formal routine inspections on equipment to ensure effectiveness (i.e., Monitoring, identifying, and documenting)
- Identifying areas of weakness in the production line & make recommendations for improvement.
- Implement technical cost saving solutions by establishing reliable and low maintenance systems to manage operational cost.
- Manage contractors and supplier’s relations (customer feedback, availability of information) & leverage on those relations to guide procurement to ensure that all specifications and customer needs are incorporated in the Request for Quotation.
- Provide reports in accordance with the metrics agreed, accurately and timely for business decision making and continuous improvement.
- Ensures that maintenance and repair activities comply with HACCP, OSH and SHE standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coach, influence and guide the team on a daily base to ensure they are fully productive and cost efficient.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- A national diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 5-6 years’ experience in an FMCG Dairy environment
- Direct experience in maintaining & operating Tetra pack processing, Filling and Packing equipment & ability to perform both planned and breakdown maintenance on all TetraPak Equipment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Interpersonal skills
- Systems thinking
- Technical/Professional expertise
- Research Ability
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizing
- Numerical skills
Closing Date: 25 April 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
89 total views, 1 today