Training Secretary at Peace Corps Namibia
Vacancy for a temporary Pre-Service Training Secretary (Closing Date: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 12:30pm)
OPEN TO: Namibian Citizens
POSITION: Training Secretary (1)
CLOSING DATE: 17 April 2023
Peace Corps, Namibia is seeking individuals to perform requirements of language and cross-culture teaching during Pre-Service Training (PST) for an estimated contract period 5 months beginning on June 04, 2023 and ending December 08, 2023 for a total of an estimated 90 working days.
Peace Corps, Namibia is a U.S. Government Agency assisting Namibia in meeting its need for a trained and qualified work force in the education, community enterprise development, and health fields.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Types all official correspondence; collate and distribute correspondence as requested by Training Manager (TM)/Training Coordinator (TC);
- Types and updates official documents, including but not limited to: session designs, training sessions, cables, faxes, memos, reports and all other official correspondence as assigned by the TM or TC;
- Copy and file copies of all incoming reports, letters and completed forms from all correspondents;
- Serves as a Trainee Resource: locates relevant materials, answers cross-cultural questions, encourages host country language use, and assists Trainees in mastering skills necessary to adjust to living and working in Namibia;
- Maintains all training records and files;
- Uses a variety of office equipment, including photocopiers, fax machines, software applications, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Conducts simple maintenance on the machines such as fixing paper jams, changing ribbons, changing toner, developer, etc.
- Assisting in organizing and coordination of refreshments during Trainings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent plus a pass with a D symbol in English
- Certificate or Diploma in office Administration (Secretarial Studies)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administration or relevant administrative field
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Commitment to professionalism and dependability
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Peace Corps Namibia
This is a short term contract and not a permanent position.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and certified copies of qualifications to: U.S. Peace Corps, 19 Nachtigal Street, Ausspannplatz, Windhoek or Email: NA01-HR@peacecorps.gov
Attn: Human Resources Specialist. Applications will only be accepted during office hours: M-TH 7:30-17:15 and Friday 7:30-12:30. Deadline for submission: 12:30pm Monday 17 April 2023.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
The U.S. Government is An Equal Opportunity Employer
138 total views, 1 today