Rennies Consolidated is an equal opportunity employer with offices based in Walvis Bay. The Company currently has a vacancy in its container depot division, and is looking for a suitable Yard Controller, to join its ranks as soon as possible. This position will report directly to the Depot Supervisor.
The Yard Controller will be responsible for the container yard and dry repair team, and controlling of the container yard processes/ flows according to established procedures and methods. Ensuring adherence to safety requirements by all parties on the yard.
- Oversight of container yard and structural repair teams and ongoing daily planning of output for each section
- Coordinate and plan container traffic (road and rail) – receiving, inspections, special instructions and repairs, FIFO stacking and releasing incl. bulk resupply and evacs.
- Allocation of handling equipment and responsible utilization and care thereof.
- Use of computer-generated container tracking system and documents, repair reporting, monitoring of stock levels, customer reporting.
- Coordinating container flows for repair bays and maintenance inspections.
- Controls for repair materials, tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Ability to resolve operational issues and promptly escalate when required.
- After hours and weekend overtime will be required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience in container yard operations or related.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Grade 12 certificate and
- Driver’s license is mandatory
- Namibian Citizen
- Skills: High interpersonal and customer care
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: